CASE STUDY #1
Client: Coach JC
Make Coach JC the Fitness Expert in Tulsa and grow his brands: Bootcamp Tulsa and Dynamic Sports Development & CoachJC.com
PR Campaign getting Coach JC on radio, television and in print every month that is topically driven:
Example: Ways to Avoid the Holiday Bulge, 5 Exercises You Can Do From Home, New Year New You
- Campaigns include blog posts pushed on his website, Facebook, Twitter, E-newsletter and the media outlet (Radio, TV, Print)
- Included media coaching, pitching and messaging
- Created one website bringing together his 3 brands to be a power house in this market and go national
- Created advertising sales model on CoachJC.com for an additional revenue stream
- Launched national Christian Weight Loss Success Program in churches
Result: All traffic on website was centralized for his businesses enabling an additional revenue stream with advertising. Brand was built up through PR driving additional clients at Bootcamp Tulsa & Dynamic Sports Development as well as speaking engagements.
- Coach JC is training hundreds of men and women each week with his Bootcamp Tulsa & Dynamic Sports Development
- Coach JC is in the media weekly and the first one they call if they need a fitness related story
- Coach JC is thought of as the Fitness Expert in this market and is set up to become a national brand
“Deedra Determan is a master at PR and marketing with endless ideas and connections in the Tulsa market. Many people can talk the talk but she is a DOER that over delivers every time!”
– Jonathan Conneely (Coach JC),
Founder of Bootcamp Tulsa, Dynamic Sports Development & CoachJC.com
CASE STUDY #2
Client: Elephant in the Room Men’s Grooming Lounge
Goal: Establish Elephant in the Room as the only men’s grooming lounge in Tulsa that offers an experience, not just a haircut and make a media splash with Elephant in the Room’s 2nd location opening and fill out their books quickly. Establish owner Justin Moore as the Style Expert in the Market.
PR plan: Utilize radio, television and print media to brand owner Justin Moore as a style expert in Tulsa and become top in Google for “Tulsa Men’s Haircuts” using search engine optimization.
Results: Elephant in the Room Men’s Grooming Lounge was featured 10 times in 3 months on Tulsa People, Tulsa World multiple times, KJRH Channel 2, KOTV News on 6 and KOKI Fox 23 multiple times. After 3 months, Elephant in the Room was top in Google, opened their 2nd location 91st & Yale and was completely booked out after 3 months.
“Deedra is brilliant at PR. I never thought I could be on TV, but after Deedra’s amazing coaching, I was a pro in no time! She gave me the confidence to go on television and radio and made sure my message was on point. Best of all, my phone started ringing immediately with new customers!”
-Justin Moore, Owner
Elephant in the Room Men’s Grooming Lounge
CASE STUDY #3
Client: Mattress Firm opened 7 locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma 3 years ago.
Goal: To localize their stores and not look like a big, national chain to obtain new customers in the area.
- Created GIVE BIG, SLEEP HAPPY campaign giving away mattresses to those in need in the community once per quarter.
- Promoted the GIVE BIG, SLEEP HAPPY campaign on their website, through social media, blogger outreach and public relations.
- Received a write up in the Tulsa World and news story on KOTV News on 6 with a 3 part story (nominations and winner)
- Hundreds of heart felt entries were shared on Facebook and Twitter through the blog community.
- Giveaway was shot on video and shared on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter & their website
- After only 3 years, Mattress Firm Tulsa is the #1 franchise within their company of 1100 stores across 28 states
“Mattress Firm discovered that cause marketing was the ideal way to show the Tulsa market that they cared about the community and were a trust worthy source to buy a mattress.“Deedra’s innovative ideas and community involvement have been unprecedented for Mattress Firm Tulsa elevating us to the #1 Mattress Firm franchise in the country! Not only have sales increased each year, but her GIVE BIG. SLEEP HAPPY. Campaign gave us credibility in this market after only being here 3 years.”
– Elliott Wilson, VP Sales & Marketing
Mattress Firm Tulsa